You guys know that I’ve been on the barefoot bandwagon for a very long time, but today’s episode has changed some of the ways I think about alignment and foot health. Gordon Hay is the cofounder, inventor, and creative visionary for ALINE Systems, a footwear technology company making waves in the industry. Many ESPN Summer and Winter X-Games athletes even use these insoles.
Gordon has so much fascinating research and information about the ways that we can properly support our feet. And it turns out barefoot may not always be the way to go after all!
Episode Highlights With Gordon Hay of ALINE
- why we do sometimes need shoes in today’s world
- the best way to handle footwear in kids
- the three-part approach needed for proper alignment
- what a “footwear diet” is and how to find good footwear
- Gordon’s thoughts on flip flops and high heels… the two extremes of shoes
- the “junk food” footwear to avoid
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- ALINE System insoles
- Balance Board
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins
More From Wellness Mama
- Benefits of Going Barefoot (and the Best Barefoot Shoes)
- How to Find the Best Minimalist Shoes (for Adults and Kids)
- Alternatives to Using a Chair at a Desk
- Is Sitting Worse than Eating Donuts?
- 7 Fun Ways to Exercise As A Family
- Earthing & Grounding: Legit or Hype? (How to & When Not To)
What’s your favorite footwear? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. If you’ve tried their delicious coffees and elixirs you know just how delicious they are, and if you haven’t, you are missing out! They create superfood mushroom drinks that are easy to incorporate into your life. Their coffee packets, for instance, are easy to mix into hot or cold liquid, taste amazing and have the added benefit of mushrooms like Lion’s Mane, Chaga and Cordycepts to give your brain an extra boost. Studies continually show the benefits of these superfood medicinal mushrooms for brain health, immune health, and so much more. My favorite is the coffee with Lion’s mane in the morning for a smooth boost without the jitters of regular coffee and Reishi in the evening for amazing sleep. During the day, I’ll often add in a cup of Chaga or Cordycepts for the immune and focus benefits. You can check out all four stigmatic products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and save 15% with the code wellnessmama.
This podcast is brought to you by SteadyMD, the new and revolutionary way I work with my primary care doctor. We live in a time when everything can be delivered to your door: packages from Amazon, your groceries, heck even massage therapists can come to your house now. So why are we still going to the doctor and waiting hours to see a doctor when we can have our primary care doctor available via phone or video chat anytime we want. I’m not! Last year, I started working with SteadyMD, which is like having an old school country doctor who can visit your house, but available via text or video chat whenever needed instead. I use this all the time, especially with their new pediatric piece because I can text a picture when one of my kids get a cut or a bee sting to see if it needs more attention without having to sit in a doctors office. I can request labs whenever I want them and get to be a partner in my heath, not just an onlooker. I believe that relationships like this are the future of health. Check them out at steadymd.com/wm
from The Wellness Mama Podcast https://ift.tt/2Ql5Cnm
Post a Comment